Five Ways to Instruct your Children in the Way of Holiness
- Practice Family Devotions - It will always be hard to be consistent, but keep at it. Read the Bible, Sing a Hymn and Pray.
- Be faithful to your local Church - God loves the church so should you. The body of Christ is an amazing gift for our souls. Do not forsake the gathering of the saints, but encourage each other as the Day approaches.
- Model Godliness to your Kids - There is nothing better for your children's holiness than your example of holiness.
- Pray for your Kids - Only the Holy the Spirit can apply God's truth to their hearts. Pray. Pray. Pray. And Pray.
- Catechize - Get a catechism and read it with your kids. Take the doctrinal instruction of your children a priority in your life. It will daily bless them and help keep your mind on God's grace.
"If you neglect to instruct (your children) in the way of holiness, will the devil neglect to instruct them in the way of wickedness? No; if you will not teach them to pray, he will to curse, swear, and lie; if ground be uncultivated, weeds will spring." - John Flavel
A great reminder never to neglect instructing our children in the ways of God. If we do not teach our children, they will learn from someone else. Let us make it our great task to cultivate holiness in our children. We will never regret the labors of godliness for our kids, but we will always regret our neglect.